Okay, so I have yet to master buttercream. And I’ve long given up trying to make traditional icing and frosting. But I found a way around it! Pudding Cream can be used as a filling and frosting, as I do with my Strawberry Shortcake Brownie. One of my other favorite uses is in my Nilla Wafer Parfait. Listen, I’m almost certain a parfait can only be yogurt but, who follows the rules anymore? (Hint: Not I says the girl on four wheels!).
So, here’s what you need.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 packet of instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups cold milk
- TWO (2) large bowls
- Whisk (or fork)
- Electric Mixer (trust me)
- Prepare the instant pudding according to the packet: Empty the contents of 1 packet into a bowl. Pour in 2 cups of cold milk. Whisk. I prefer to use a wire whisk, but a fork will work to. As long as you beat it. Do this until the pudding is thick. Set it aside.
- Now, pour the whipping cream into the other bowl. Beat the cream with the electric mixer on high until it forms stiff peaks. This will take a few minutes.
- Fold whipped creak into the pudding until it is completely combined. You don’t want to see any white streaks. Cover with plastic and refrigerate until needed.
And that’s it! That’s how you make the Pudding Cream.
Cheat: Skip the extra mixing and just use a 1 cup thawed Cool Whip instead of making whipped cream from scratch. It saves a lot of “spoons”/
Fun Tip: If you have a lot of leftover filling, throw it in the freezer for a few hours and then eat it alone of with cookies. It tastes just like ice cream!
3 thoughts on “Pudding Cream”